We spend about a third of our day in bed. And for many, it makes sense to spend a good sum on a mattress that’s comfortable and supportive. But mattresses tend to go through a lot over the years. Spills, tears, bugs—these can all drastically reduce the lifespan of your mattress. This is why getting a mattress protector is non-negotiable.
WHAT IS A MATTRESS PROTECTOR?
A mattress protector is a mattress covering that envelops a mattress, thereby protecting it from stains and spills. It is often made from a waterproof material, and is held in place by an elastic band
It's different from a mattress topper because it doesn't usually add padding for more comfort. Most protectors go on top of your mattress like a fitted sheet, but some are a full mattress encasement.
WHY SHOULD YOU PURCHASE A MATTRESS PROTECTOR?
- Mattress protector protects you from germs and allergies: Your mattress can play host to a variety of allergens. Two of the most common are bed bugs and dust mites; both of which love to take up residence in the mattress stitching, corners and crevices. Aside from uncomfortable and unattractive bites, bed bugs and mites can have many more adverse effects on human health too. From triggering asthma attacks to developing dermatitis, an unprotected mattress can become a haven for them.
- It protects your investment (Mattress): The easiest way to protect your mattress is to invest in a high-quality mattress protector. In the past, mattress protectors were uncomfortable and manufactured from synthetic materials. This gives a clean mattress but an uncomfortable night’s sleep. Not ideal for a happy and healthy life.
With the LSA Mattress Protector , your mattress and toppers can remain as pristine as new without compromising your comfort.
- It is easier to Maintain than cleaning your mattress: Cleaning a mattress can be an expensive and labor-intensive process. The only way to properly clean a mattress is to hire professionals to do it for you. This is because most people don’t have the tools needed to penetrate all the way through to eliminate dirt, debris and pests.
A mattress protector, on the other hand, keeps your mattress nice and clean all year round. Maintaining your LSA mattress protector is quick and easy. Simply remove it from the bed, put it on a gentle wash and then let it air-dry.
- Prevents odor absorption: Discoloration and unsightliness aren’t the only results of stains on your mattress. Another thing people don’t consider is odor, and odor doesn’t just come from stains but also from body contact and the resulting fluid absorption. Spray that bottle of fabric refresher all you want. It will only go so far in removing odors that have become deeply embedded in your mattress.
Your mattress protector will absorb any and every potential source of odor and can easily be cleaned to prevent odors from accumulating over time. This also makes mattress protectors a fantastic solution for kids’ beds, particularly those who bedwet.
- Improves comfort and sleep quality: The primary purpose of a mattress protector is to help increase your mattresses lifespan, but comfort is also key. A mattress protector not only protects your mattress, but it also provides comfort to you while you sleep. The microfibers in a good quality mattress protector are really soft, and provide a smooth feel to the skin. It will also allow air to pass through it, hence maintaining the temperature.
Choosing Your Mattress Protector
You might not have thought it, but there are many different mattress protectors out there to choose from. Selecting the right one for you and your mattress is an important decision. They can vary in their comfort levels and protective quality, and can also be machine washable. Whichever mattress protector you choose, it will be a worthwhile addition to your bedroom.
Our waterproof mattress protectors come with an elastic like a fited sheet, making them more comfortable to use. Shop Here